YOU WILL RANDOMLY PUT INTO ONE OF TWO GROUPS.
The two groups will be:
TEST GROUP - This group will have the new blood test and wil be told the result within 4 weeks of having their blood taken.
NON TEST GROUP - This group will have blood taken but it will not be tested as part of the study. It may be used for other cancer related medical research if you agree to this.
When you arrive for your visit you will be seen by a research nurse. At the meeting the nurse will explain the study to you and answer any questions you may have. The meeting is likely to last about 30-45 minutes or longer if you need more time.
At the meeting you will:
• be asked to consent to taking part
• be asked some questions about yourself and your health
• have a small sample of blood (about 2 teaspoons) taken
from your arm
• be asked to fill in a survey questionnaire asking about your
health and thoughts about tests for lung cancer before you
know whether you are in the lung cancer test group or the
non-test group. This will take about 10 minutes to complete,
the nurse can help you complete it. You do not have to fill in
this survey if you do not want to.
• be told whether you are in the lung cancer test group or
the non-test group